1. PRIVACY STATEMENT
2. WHO PROCESSES YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We control the use of the personal data collected in the Store Area for marketing and profiling purposes. We autonomously determine the purposes and means of those data processing operations and the instruments used, including those for security measures. For organizational and operational reasons, we have appointed certain entities that will also process personal data for purposes connected to the performance of services on the Store Area of the Website. We select our data processors because of their experience in processing personal data and the guarantees they provide regarding compliance with data processing laws (including the technical security measures governing the processing to be carried out). In processing the personal data collected for marketing and profiling purposes through the Store Area of the Website, the processors shall act only on instructions from us. We regularly check that our processors comply with our instructions and that they continue to provide sufficient guarantees regarding their full compliance with the provisions on personal data processing. We as data controller of the personal data collected for marketing and profiling activities have appointed YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP as data processor for online marketing activities. YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP as data controller of the personal data processed for the fulfilment of the contractual obligations has appointed some external providers as data processors, among which:
- United Parcel Service, for purposes related to shipping, delivering and returning products purchased on the Website; and
- BT Italia S.p.A., for purposes related to the housing of YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP servers.
Please contact our Customer Service by selecting “Privacy” if you would like to receive a full list of our data processors. Aside from the companies appointed for personal data processing, your information will be made available by YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP also to third parties acting as autonomous controllers, for purposes related to supplying services requested by you (for example, for purchase transactions, marketing activities).
3. USE OF PERSONAL DATA AND PURPOSES
Your personal data are collected and processed by us and YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP for purposes which are strictly connected to the use of the Website, its services and to the purchase of products on the Website. However, your personal data may also be used for other processing operations within the limits of such purposes. In particular, your personal data shall be processed for the following purposes:
- when you register with the Store Area of our Website we collect your personal data (for example, your personal details, password, email address, gender) through the registration form (My Account) in order to provide you with services in the Website’s reserved access areas and to send you our Newsletter, when specifically requested;
- when you require assistance from Customer Service, YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP collects your personal data (for example, your name and surnames, email address and password) for purposes strictly necessary to providing you with customer care services related to the Website services and to the purchase of products on the Website;
- when you purchase products on the Website, YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP collects your personal data (such as personal details, email address, postal address, credit card numbers, bank code, tax code and telephone number) on your order form only for the purpose of selling and delivering the products ordered by you;
- when you require technical assistance, YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP collects your personal data in order to provide you with information on net-surfing, browser compatibility and viewing or loading the Website's pages ;
- when creating a Wish List, YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP processes your personal data in order to customise our services for the purchase of products on the Website.
4. WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DO NOT DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Providing your personal data to YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP (in particular, your personal details, your email address, your postal address, your credit/debit card numbers and bank code and your telephone number) is necessary for processing your order for the purchase of products on the Website, supplying other services provided on the Website upon your request, or when your personal information is needed to fulfil obligations required by law or regulations. It is not mandatory to provide us with your personal data (name, preferences, contact details, online purchases details), but the refusal to provide YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP with some of your personal data necessary to carry out the processing for the above purposes may consequently prevent YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP from processing your order for the purchase of products sold on the Website or from supplying other services provided on the Website, such as customer care services, the Wish List or to fulfill obligations required by law and other regulations. Therefore, failing to provide data may constitute, in some cases, a legitimate and justified reason for not processing your order for the purchase of products sold on the Website or not providing the Website’s services. Disclosure of further personal data to us (other than that required for fulfilling legal or contractual obligations or for providing the services requested), is, on the contrary, optional and does not have any effect on the use of the Website and of its services or on the purchase of products on the Website (for example, if we ask you the name of your favourite designer). . In case of refusal to provide some data to us(i.e. the email address), we will not be able to send you the Newsletter and/or the marketing communications, personalized or not, even if you consent to receiving electronic marketing communications from us. In some circumstances and if required from time to time, you will be duly informed whether the personal data you are disclosing to us or to YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is compulsory or optional. In particular, whenever the disclosure of your data is compulsory it will be marked with an appropriate symbol (*). Compulsory data needed are those necessary for providing the required services on the Website and for the purchase of products on margiela.com. Optional personal data are those necessary for marketing purposes which absence will not imply any obligation or disadvantage to users.
5. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR DATA ON THE WEBSITE
6. SECURITY MEASURES
7. OPT-IN/OPT OUT
We process your personal data only after receiving your consent, freely expressed, in order to send you advertising material and direct marketing or other commercial communications, including by email, which do not fall within customer requested services provided by the Website. Each time your consent is required, we will inform you in advance and we will give you the option to either provide or refuse your consent for the use of your personal data, including your email address, for the above purposes, by ticking the appropriate boxes. We wish to inform you that we together with YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP may process your personal data also without your consent in certain circumstances provided by law, such as when such processing is necessary for performing a legal obligation to which we are subject or when such processing is necessary for performing obligations undertaken in contracts with the users (such as, for example, if you purchased products on the Website or if you asked to use specific services through our web site). In any case, we wish to inform you that we guarantee that our users may exercise, at any time and without having to state their reasoning, their right not to receive future communications connected to particular services upon request.
8. YOUR RIGHT TO ACCESS PERSONAL DATA AND FURTHER RIGHTS
- the updating, adjustment or, when you have an interest in such, the integration of your personal data;
- the deletion, the transformation into an anonymous form or blocking of your personal data (unlawfully processed), including data which does not need to be stored for the purposes for which it was collected and subsequently processed;
- the confirmation that the operations under letters a) and b) have been reported (together with the contents of the same) to whom the data was disclosed or disseminated, except when it becomes impossible or if the means used are clearly disproportionate to the right’s protection.
You are entitled to object, in whole or in part:
- for legitimate reasons, to the processing of your personal data, even if it is related to the purposes for which it was collected;
- to the processing of your personal data for advertising or direct marketing purposes or in order to carry out marketing research or commercial communications.
9. LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES
If you wish to receive further information on how we and YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP process your personal data, please contact our Customer Service by selecting “Privacy”. Should you require any further information on your rights and on personal data protection law, you can find additional information on the French and Italian personal data protection authorities' websites at the following addresses: www.cnil.fr or www.garanteprivacy.it
11. GOVERNING LAW
Last updated on December 2016.